Q: Check Engine Light code P2544

asked by on October 21, 2016

Could the check engine code p2544 have anything to do with the tire size?

The short answer is yes, the tire size can cause the P2544 code. This code sets when the computer sees that the vehicle speed and the requested torque tables in the transmission control module don’t coincide. So, a different tire size can have many different ill effects, and this could be one of them. There could be a problem in the wiring, a problem with the transmission control module, a sensor, or other possible causes for this code, but I would look at the tire size change first. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your location to properly diagnose the trouble code firsthand.