Q: radio not working

After I changed my battery in my Oldsmobile the radio would not turn on, and the air conditioning only works on the maximum setting. I checked the fuses, and they are fine. I tried to disable the theft deterrent system on the radio using the owner's manual. But I don’t get any read out. Nothing happens. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this?

The blower motor only working on high speed is a common symptom of a failing blower motor resistor; but the fact the radio stopped working at the same time is unusual. It’s possible that this could still be two separate issues that happened at the same time by coincidence. I would check power to the blower motor resistor at all speeds, and make sure there isn’t a second fuse for the radio somewhere in the car. Many vehicles have a separate radio fuse located int he back of the radio that can’t be accessed with the radio installed. I would suggest having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your electrical system to see what repairs should be made.