Q: I have a 2006 dodge charger 2.7 that has been overheating and the heater is blowing out cold air, warm air, and sometimes hot air

My 2006 2.7 dodge charger just started overheating so I thought I needed to replace the thermostat. I replaced it and now the gauge still fluctuates, it will sit at the first line on C after warming it up for at least 10 mins and even after driving for 10 mins and then I will look up and it is near the red that quickly and starts making a weird noise and then steam starts coming from under the hood. At this point I usually pull over, turn the car off, and it will not turnover for at least another 15 mins. My heater is also blowing out cold air sometimes and hot air out at other times.My defrost is working, but it is taking longer to defrost the front windows than it is the back windows. What else could be going on?

Hi there:

Overheating issues can be very difficult to pinpoint without completing a physical inspection. If your heater is not blowing warm air, it’s very possible that you have a clogged heater core coolant line; which can cause engine overheating or the heater core valve is damaged; which can also cause the same situation to occur. It’s best for you to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete a car is overheating inspection so they can pinpoint the source of your issues and recommend the right repairs.

• I have a 2006 dodge charger 2.7 that has been overheating and the heater is blowing out cold air, warm air, and sometimes hot air