Q: Clutch pedal goes to floor when pressed

When I press on the clutch pedal with my foot, the pedal goes to the floor. And the brake fluid keeps leaking out after pressure is applied to the clutch. The clutch master cylinder and the clutch slave cylinder have been replaced. I was told the master proportion valve for the clutch brakes was not replaced.

A: With the symptoms you have described, the m...

With the symptoms you have described, the most likely cause is a leak in the clutch hydraulic system. If there is a leak on the system it causes air to enter. Since air is not able to be compressed the clutch pedal remains stuck to the floor when it is pressed down. With everything going on with this car, it is unsafe to be driven until the clutch has been repaired. A qualified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to confirm the cause of your clutch issue and perform the needed repairs to get you back on the road.