Q: Always trying to figure out why warning lights are on, what’s actually wrong?

There is something wrong with the engine in my 2008 GMC Acadia. No single major issue is causing me so many headaches, but it's a bunch of little problems put together like random noises or lights on the dash. Now the thing won’t even get going over 40 mph. Not sure if something is broken or it’s in some kind of ‘limp’ mode, but it sounds pretty bad. What could the problem be? I have 95,000 miles on this vehicle and I am just about at the end of my rope.

The first thing I would recommend is to have YourMechanic come to you since you cannot go over 40 mph and do a thorough diagnostic check for the issues you are having. The lights on the dash all have a special function and indicate a specific area that requires attention. The noise you are hearing may be internal engine damage or a serpentine belt alignment issue. The best course of action would be to setup an in-person diagnostic to inspect the noise from your engine by a professional mechanic from YourMechanic to find a definitive source. In fact, there is one technical service bulletin that calls for a complete engine replacement due to internal engine failure where the engine cannot be repaired and would have to be replaced. This is why I recommend a thorough diagnostic check first.

3. Always trying to figure out why warning lights are on, what’s actually wrong?