Q: How much does it cost to Replace a radiator in a vw polo 206

asked by on March 16, 2017

I noticed that the coolant level goes down every 10-14 days, then the warning lamp comes on in the dashboard. I topped it up with water about 3 times now. I took the vehicle to VW to check and they say that there is a leak in the Radiator and it needs to be replaced.

What is the apporximate cost? and what questions should I be asking?

Looking forward to the answers

Thanks

Water Pump Replacement $171.86 - $1147.02 Get a Quote

Hello and thanks for writing in. There are a number of reasons why you may be losing coolant, one of which is a leak in the radiator as you have been advised of. The other reasons may be that you have a leak elsewhere such as internally in the motor which would normally lead to a blown head gasket. In this case you may notice a bit of steam coming from the exhaust combined with the engine overheating as the coolant would actually be getting burnt along with the fuel in the engine if it is leaking into the motor. It may also be possible that you have a water pump that may be failing. Generally, when a water pump is going bad, you may hear a bit of a whining sound combined with the pump leaking. The most common place for the water pump to leak from is the pulley shaft seal which is in the front of the pump where the shaft comes out of the pump housing. When the pump is leaking, it will typically cause the engine to overheat as well. I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.