Q: Heater core malfunction

Yesterday hot water started shooting all over my feet, so I figured it was the heater core? I repaired that, but now the car overheats, which wasn't happening before the heater core ruptured. In your expertise, what is causing this?

When the vehicle begins to overheat after cooling system repairs were done, it is usually due to air stuck in the cooling system. Normally after cooling system repairs, the coolant system is bled of all air, or "Burped". This is done to remove air pockets that prevent the flow of coolant and can cause overheating.

A qualified Technician like the ones at YourMechanic will have little trouble diagnosing your overheating issue for you.

3. Heater core malfunction