Q: Car accelarates to 3000 rpm in park or neutral.

asked by on October 09, 2016

Once my car hets warm, the rpm gauge will accelerate to 3000 rpm. How do i fix this?

Throttle Position Sensor Replacement $129.21 - $646.10 Get a Quote
Engine idle speed is high Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The throttle position sensor (TPS) is most likely failing. Air leaks in the intake can also generate a high idle, but not usually this high. If you need to have this checked, have a local mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the high idle in person so this problem can repaired appropriately.