Q: 2003 chevy tahoe oil leak

asked by on February 13, 2018

I have a 2003 chevy tahoe and its been leaking oil i recently had a new transmission put in i was thinking maybe the leak was from the rear main seal but after looking into it i think it might be the oil sending unit its covered in oil i did manage to get some pictures of it and it does seem like its leaking from there but im not a mechanic and was hopeing someone can maybe help me figure out where the leak was coming from.

When determining where an oil leak is coming from, it is best to follow the oil up and towards the front of the vehicle. Gravity and inertia from the vehicle moving forward causes the oil to drop down and fall back when it is leaking. If there is no oil evidence above the oil sending unit, it is most likely that the oil sending unit is leaking. I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified professional to determine the exact cause of this issue. Consider YourMechanic as this can be done at your home or office.