Q: My truck wont move at all.

asked by on March 06, 2017

truck wont move ill put in drive it starts to make a noice and in revers too i thouth it was the tranmision but i both one and it did the same thing i dont know what it can be

Gears slipping when accelerating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. Set the parking brake and set a wheel chock in front and behind the front wheels. Then put the transmission in drive and look under the vehicle to see if the rear driveshaft is turning. If the driveshaft is turning, then the differential is burned up and needs replaced. If the drive shaft is not turning, then there is an issue with the transmission clutches. Then put the vehicle in park and shut it off. Lift up the vehicle and put it on jack stands. Then put it in drive and release the parking brake. See if the rear tires move. If the tires do not move and the noise is coming from the transmission, then the transmission needs to be diagnosed for a problem. If you need further assistance with your transmission issue, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.