Q: Engine shuts down when stopped at red lights

When I am stopped at red lights or in stop-and-go traffic, my engine shuts down. The tachometer screen shows: “full accessory power active.” When the engine stops, all of the electrical systems continue to work and there are no warning lights. I can put the car in Park and then restart to drive again. This problem is happening intermittently. My car was made in 2016, so this shouldn't be happening to such a new car! What is causing this engine-shutdown problem?

A: I don't have the repair information for...

I don't have the repair information for your vehicle because it is so new. Since you can put the vehicle in park and start the vehicle, my guess is that you are also cycling the key. The fact that the vehicle restarts after the key is cycled indicates the problem is likely with the onboard electronics. I suggest you take the vehicle to the dealership for diagnosis, since it is still under warranty. The problem could be something as simple as software update.