Q: Failure code P0750

Hi, got Code P0750 today. Read all the Points what might be the problem. Must the gearbox bei removed? What are the Costs of the replacement? It is so difficult to get real good answers here in Austria/Europe! Please advice! Best Regards Martin

Hey there. The code P0750 pertains to a shift solenoid. I would clear the code and test drive the truck while monitoring the shift solenoid’s values and operation. Afterwards recheck for the code, stored or pending.

Perform a battery check to make sure a bad cell in the battery isn’t creating an electrical concern with the solenoid and check the transmission fluid level and condition.

If possible, place the truck on a lift and perform a visual inspection for leaks, damage, loose connectors, broken wires, and corrosion at any of the connectors. If all of this checks ok, the pan may need to be removed and fluid inspected for debris as this may be the sign of an initial mechanical issue with the transmission. If you find metal in the pan, there is an internal mechanical failure. If the fluid is very dirty, change it and repeat the test drive while monitoring values and operation. If all of this checks okay, then there is the definite possibility that the particular shift solenoid in question is faulty; this requires pan and valve body removal. If you would like this diagnosed and taken care of you, enlist the help of a local mechanic to thoroughly inspect the Check Engine code and pinpoint the needed repair.