Q: How do I resolve check engine light on a 2002 ford Taurus SEL that has a A/C compressor bypass pulley installed?

asked by on December 23, 2017

Installed A/C Compressor Bypass Pulley. Check engine light stays on now. Is it possible to resolve check engine light with A/C Compressor Bypass Pulley installed?

Hi Alex. Thanks for contacting us today. Unfortunately, when any bypass or non-OEM system is installed such as an AC bypass pulley, it’s not possible to reprogram the ECU to delete warning lights. It’s one of the drawbacks to installing these type of aftermarket components.