Q: How long does it take to replace a axel/cv shaft assembly

How long does it take to replace axel/ cv shaft assembly?

Axle Shaft Seal Replacement $110.62 - $3656.80 Get a Quote
Axle / CV Shaft Assembly Replacement $197.63 - $1017.38 Get a Quote

On the 2006 Navigator, if a professional mechanic is replacing the axle(s), it is assumed to take about 1 hour to replace one axle (i.e., one side) whether it is the rear axle or the front axle. Replacing both axles does not quite double the time as the vehicle is already in place for the work, so it takes somewhat less time to do both at one time. It is best to replace the transmission axle seal whenever a CV axle is replaced. That practice is the only guarantee you have that once done you won’t have transmission fluid leaks past those seals. If you desire this service, please request CV axle replacement and indicate whether you desire front or rear, and driver or passenger side. Please let YourMechanic know if you have additional concerns or questions.