Q: When starting RPM of car starts going down and then engine stops.

My car is 2008 model Mazda Axela (BK5P) 1.5L and done 141,000 km. The fuel is LPG with automatic transmission.

My car started misfiring and the mechanics changed the coil and recently serviced transmission oil and engine oil, oil filter and air filter.

The problem is as soon as I start the car, the rmp starts going down while still on idle. I press the gas pedal the rpm sometimes would go up and sometimes it will not go up but will decline to 450 and will turn off.

If rmp doe go uo then as soon as I engage the gear to drive, the rpm will decline and engine will stall and switch off. Note engine check light doesnt appear.

I took the car to mechanic and they serviced the regulator, and fuel filter and cleaned gear box sensor but the problem persists.

Please need your advice as I live in Fiji a small country and the mechanics cannot resolve the issue.

It sounds like you may have a fuel supply problem in getting the proper amount of fuel to the fuel injectors which may be caused by a bad fuel pump or potentially faulty fuel injectors. This can happen when the pump itself is not working properly or when the fuel pressure regulator is not maintaining the proper fuel pressure in the fuel system causing the engine to starve for fuel. This can also happen when there is insufficient connectivity to the fuel injectors which can cause an intermittent fuel spray pattern into the intake system resulting in a lean fuel condition or the motor otherwise starving for fuel.

3. When starting RPM of car starts going down and then engine stops.