Q: AC makes hissing noise and doesn't blow cold

I purchased a pre-owned Bravada. The car has an issue with the AC not working correctly. When I turn it on, it doesn't blow cool air at all and it starts making hissing noises. What could be the problem?

The hissing noise is due to the A/C evaporator being starved of enough refrigerant. You will need to have refrigerant and dye added to the system and the hissing will go away. Then use a leak dye light (black light) and check to see where a leak is and fix as required. If you want to have this looked at for you, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to add refrigerant, detect any coolant leaks, and perform any repairs that are needed.

3. AC makes hissing noise and doesn't blow cold