Q: 1999 chevy K150 suburban electrical problems

My 1999 chevy k1500 suburban is acting up. Locks seem like they dont have enough power to lock or unlock. I hear the clicking under the dash from what I assume is the relay. The 2 12v power outlets are also acting weird. They have power but the power seems to be "pulsating". I put a usb charger in it, without anything charging, and the green power light on it goes bright/dim quickly and makes what I can describe as an electrical sound. The 4x4 button too. Only lights up half way, half the time. Always let's me switch wheel, just doesn't light up all the way. Same with ac/heat controls. The left side of the cluster is really dim, and matches the rear controls on the head liner in the front. What can I do to determine the problem?

Hello, thank you for writing in. There are several components that will attribute to electrical issues like this. Generally speaking, when you have issues with several electrical systems at once, and not just one or the other, the charging system is to blame because it effects all systems. With that being said, start by testing the battery and the alternator. Both can be tested in car with a voltmeter, or at your local parts store if removed from the vehicle. You may also want to check into the battery cables, alternator connections, and wires feeding the fuse box. Make sure they are all clean, dry, and tight. For more help with diagnostics and repairs, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. 1999 chevy K150 suburban electrical problems