Q: Car starting and dying

My car was running bad and I thought it was the carburetor. I took it off and replaced it, and now it starts, but dies, and won't run.

Hi. Replacing parts without diagnosing can get expensive very quickly. The carburetor needs to be adjusted properly before installing (idle screws 3 1/2 turns out, throttle stop barely cracked) and the insulator gasket has to be the correct part. Many things could cause the problem, for example, it could be worn spark plugs, a vacuum leak, or even a mechanical engine failure. I would suggest having a certified mechanic from YourMechanic inspect the car starting but then shutting off issue.