Q: Hi Steve I have 2002 Dodge Dakota and the serpentine belt seems to be overlapping the grooves down were the harmonic balancer is n

asked by on March 29, 2017

Hi Steve I have 2002 Dodge Dakota and the serpentine belt seems to be overlapping the grooves down were the harmonic balancer is not sure if that could be the cause?

Serpentine/Drive Belt Replacement $95.69 - $301.27 Get a Quote

The rubber bond in the harmonic balancer assembly can sometimes separate and as a consequence the crankshaft pulley can get out of plane relative to all of the other driven pulleys and accessories. Similarly, it is possible that a pulley, idler, or accessory in the serpentine belt "circuit" is out of plane relative to the crankshaft pulley. To have this inspected and get a resolution, please simply request a drive belt inspection and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.