Q: Hi Steve I have 2002 Dodge Dakota and the serpentine belt seems to be overlapping the grooves down were the harmonic balancer is n

Hi Steve I have 2002 Dodge Dakota and the serpentine belt seems to be overlapping the grooves down were the harmonic balancer is not sure if that could be the cause?

The rubber bond in the harmonic balancer assembly can sometimes separate and as a consequence the crankshaft pulley can get out of plane relative to all of the other driven pulleys and accessories. Similarly, it is possible that a pulley, idler, or accessory in the serpentine belt "circuit" is out of plane relative to the crankshaft pulley. To have this inspected and get a resolution, please simply request a drive belt inspection and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Hi Steve I have 2002 Dodge Dakota and the serpentine belt seems to be overlapping the grooves down were the harmonic balancer is n