Q: transmission (ax4n) is not going into overdrive

Fluid is dark red and transmission (ax4n) is not going into overdrive, tho it feels like it goes into 4th gear. Some times the car feels like it bogshould down from a stop like something locking and Unlocking, but when I manually start from 1 low I doesn't seemseem like the torque convert is locking and unlocking from the start causing it to jutter from a dead stop sometimes. I also got a message on my instant data screen and it says check transmission when it attempts to activate overdrive; and to top it off I got a codes p0171 (lean bank 1) p0174 (lean bank 2) p0761 (Shift Solenoid C Performance or Stuck Off). I don't know if clutch friction material cause the value body to clog up.2 to 3 shifts with a thud with light acceleration like the rpm goes up then it waits then the gear is dropped with a firm thud. It does this intermediately.

You will need to have the transmission tested to see if the transmission solenoid for the torque converter lock up solenoid is stuck or bad. The transmission fluid should also be checked to see if it is full of clutch material or metal. This may cause the solenoid issues.

In addition, the two lean codes should be checked by looking at the intake system to see if there is any vacuum leaks or a mass air flow sensor that is reading the wrong altitude. This will not set a mass air code all the time and may cause lean codes. To have this fully diagnosed, I recommend having a trained professional give your vehicle a comprehensive inspection in order to pinpoint any faults and make necessary repairs.

3. transmission (ax4n) is not going into overdrive