Q: Rough idling

asked by on October 11, 2016

Firstly the radiator had a leak n then overheated, the headgasket had blown n the cylinder head had fo b smoothed out, it isnt overheating or anythin now those issues have been resolved but once i put it in drive it starts to have a rough idle

It sounds like your throttle body is dirty. You may want to check it and make sure it is not sticking. Check for loose connections within the system also. Your car may also be idling rough due to your blown head gasket. If the issue was not fixed properly then it will continue with rough idling. Lastly, when you have your head gasket replaced your timing belt/chain had to be taken off. If the timing isn’t set properly your car may run, (roughly) but you won’t be able to drive it. If you’d like, a professional from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your throttle body, and address the rough idling issue, and make possible repairs.