Q: The Battery Light comes on when car is hot has been inspected but no fault is found. What's next?

I have a Skoda fabia, twice now battery light has come on whilst motoring both when stuck in traffic both times I have taken it to a garage where they have "plugged" it in but no fault was found, what next?

A Battery Light is triggered for several reasons. When the technician says they have "plugged" it in, they may be referring to scanning the vehicle for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. This would inform them of any electrical issues the computer has detected. If the issue was a failed battery, this test would not accurately portrait it. You may want to start by replacing the battery if you haven’t already. The alternator which is responsible for charging the battery may be outside of its specifications and causing the excess strain as well. The field output from the alternator should have triggered a code in the computer. If you would like to have this taken care of for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose and repair the Battery Light.

• The Battery Light comes on when car is hot has been inspected but no fault is found. What's next?