Q: Camshaft Position Sensor

asked by on August 27, 2016

I needed to change my camshaft position sensor so I went to the nearest auto parts shop and asked for a camshaft position sensor for my 2011 Dodge Challenger rt. I checked to see if the item was correct and it was. Once I got the car up and removed the camshaft sensor currently in my car I noticed that it was different to the one I bought. I did some research and found out that the sensor in my car was actually a sensor used in a V6 engine of the Dodge Challenger. I bought the correct sensor to my 5.7 engine but it doesn't fit. Is this normal? Why would my car have a sensor for a V6 engine?

Camshaft Position Sensor Replacement $104.59 - $809.88 Get a Quote

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Dodge Challenger. From what you’ve described it sounds like you may have a different sensor than what the auto parts store has listed. If you go to the dealer you would be able to get the correct one. They use your VIN to get the correct parts. If you need assistance with finding the right sensor or installing it, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home and ensure a correct replacement of your camshaft position sensor.