Q: Slip and VDC lights are coming on after driving for short periods

Lately when driving my car for a short period of time, usually within a few miles. The check engine light, vdc, and slip lights all come on. I have also noticed a grinding noise usually when I first start driving the car, and usually when I'm accelerating or driving at a low speed

Hi there. The first task is to read the problem codes. This will require a real scan tool, not just an OBD II reader to get the ABS codes. Most often these codes are caused by a wheel speed sensor issue - dirty sensor, broken wire, etc. There is a Nissan Technical Service Bulletin (339479) regarding this problem scenario. Check with your Nissan service center for any manufacturer-sponsored repairs for this problem.

If not, I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine why the Check Engine is on, check the lubricant levels in your differentials, and address the grinding noise you describe.