Q: How do you fix p0365 on a 04 bmw 545i?i just put a new sensor from the dealer and my car is still acting up.?

asked by on December 31, 2016

I did a valve cover gasket and spark plugs.then my light came on p0365.so i put a new sensor from the dealer but my car idle was rough and shaking?

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

P0365 refers to an open circuit on the camshaft position sensor on bank 1. It means the circuit for the sensor is incomplete. that could be a bad sensor, or it could be a bad connector,wire, ground or ECU.Since you’ve had the valve covers off I’m going to vote for a bad connector or ground. Try reviewing all the electrical connections that you tampered with during the repair and see if there is anything that is not quite hooked up. If you go back through and can’t find anything, contact Your Mechanic to get a technician to come to your home or office to check out your BMW and let you know what it will take to solve your problem.