Q: Changed fuel tanks, getting P0183 OBD code now.

Is there a difference in the 2004 2 wheel drive 4 cylinder tanks and 4 wheel drive tanks? Mine is 2 wheel drive, the tank we took out has a spot on it for another plug to plug into it. We think the tank we put in was from 4 wheel drive. The tank works fine, everything fits, but this code keeps coming up after clearing the codes. Keeps coming back, any ideas about this?

A: Hello, thanks for writing in. <a href='http...

Hello, thanks for writing in. Code P0183 is the code for a fuel temperature sensor A circuit, high input. This code is set off when the computer detects that the sensor is out of range. In the particular instance the sensor is reading high, which could be caused by a bad sensor, wiring, or computer. You mention that the fuel tank had a spot for another connector. It may be possible that that connector is for the fuel temperature circuit, and is throwing the code because it is disconnected. I would double check to see that everything is plugged in correctly. If it is, then I would check the fuel temperature sensor and wiring. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this code for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.