Q: My truck keeps over heating when heater is on, blows hot air. What can cause this problem?

asked by on June 18, 2017

I take my truck to the woods almost every weekend for the past 3 months. Last weekend I turned on the heater and my temperature just started to get hot. I tried to find the problem but I couldn't find it. Needing some advice please.

Double check the coolant level to make sure that after you have the heater turned on your coolant did not get low. If it is full then you need to replace the water pump and the thermostat. The water pump when heater is on needs to flow through the motor and heater core and if the fins are worn will not flow enough coolant through the engine.