Q: P2002 DTC Particulate Trap Efficiency Below Threshold

Approximately 3 months ago a cracked Charged Air Hose was replaced after a P2002 and simultaneous turbocharger related code (don't have dtc). The car was code free for three months and 7000 miles. The P2002 code returned and was cleared numerous times. The code returns within either a few trips or up to two weeks. U144F00, P261F71. P13E77B were found once as pending codes on the ECU with a scanner. Simultaneously, the P2A00 code (O2 Sensor Circuit Range/Performance) was found once as a pending code. The DPF has been removed from the vehicle, inspected, cooked in a kiln, blown clean with compressed air and reinstalled. The vehicle has since been driven 5000 miles and continues to have P2002 codes intermittently. The DPF has successfully performed at least 2 regens since the off vehicle cleaning. The differential pressure sensor has been monitored while driving with the scanner. Pre and post dpf values differ from 0 to 3 psi. What do the undefined dtc's mean and how to resolve P2002?

Warning Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. The P2002 could be solved by checking the following conditions:

• Driving too slow or idling the engine too long will cause this code. It takes heat in the 932 F to 1112 F range to burn off the soot in the DPF
  • There is an air leak forward of the DPF
  • Fuel with a large percentage of sulfur will clog the DPF
  • Aftermarket accessories and performance modifications will cause the code P2002
  • A dirty air filter to the engine
  • The DPF may be damaged
  • There could be a defective ECU (computer)

If all of the symptoms are check and all are functioning properly, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose the emission system to your vehicle.