Q: While driving my battery light came on and off, and as I made a stop to make a left turn. What does this mean?

asked by on September 20, 2016

While driving my battery light came on and off, and as I made a stop to make a left turn. What does this mean?

Battery Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Alternator Replacement $151.62 - $1237.14 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. The most common parts that involve this issue are the battery and the alternator. The starting/charging system should be checked to see if the battery is going bad and getting weak. It can then put a larger load on the charging system. The alternator may not charge at the rate it is rated at, which would also cause the problem.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect your battery and your alternator for you, and make any repairs as needed.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr