Q: "Charge Malfunction"

My car sent the "Charge Malfunction" message, the I lost power steering. 15 mins later all systems shut down and I was stuck on the interstate. What can I expect from my local BMW shop?

My car has 1.0000010900000001e+21 miles.

It sounds like there is a problem with the drive belt. It drives the alternator, water pump, and power steering pump. The belt may have broke, or some fluid leaked onto it causing it to slip. If the belt broke, the fault is usually not the belt. The alternator could have seized, or an idler pulley, or another part of the belt drives. These parts will be checked if that is the case. If you would like this checked by an expert outside of the dealer, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the Charge Malfunction Warning in order to have this repaired properly.