Q: I recently got a new battery and starter with in a month for my 2006 bmw 330i. Now the car won't start and key buttons won't work.

asked by on August 04, 2017

Key is now stuck In ignition even though car is in park. When trying to start engine the car makes a weird rumbling noise that I've never heard. Replaced the starter and battery within a month of each other & have had both for a little over a month. Keys to unlock or lock won't work. No buttons inside the car will work

Electric Problems Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello, thank you for writing in. To remove the key from the ignition, you are going to want to disconnect the battery. The electronic sensors that register you are in park and allow the key to come out are not communicating for whatever reason. The main problem with the vehicle may be battery related, and you want to check the charge on the battery as it sits right now. If it is low on voltage, something is sucking power when it should not be. This is called a parasitic draw or parasitic load, and they can drain your battery when its turned off. If the battery is low, you may also have an issue with the alternator. If the battery has a full 12 volt charge, then you are concerned with your ignition cylinder and your main fuse box. The wiring between these components and the battery also need to be inspected. Electrical issues like this can be hard to track down. If you need more help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr