Q: Difficulty shifting into third gear

My car has gone around 120,000 miles. The problem is with the shifter. which ocassionally gets stuck. It usually happens while shifting into third gear, so I have to pull the lever forcefully so that it would shift. Sometimes it would click and shift, whereas at other occasions it wouldn't shift until I press the clutch again. This keeps happening even though I had the clutch kit replaced. Other gears are easy to shift. What might be the cause of this problem?

A: Hello. There could be a problem with the sh...

Hello. There could be a problem with the shifter cable or the shifter linkage from the transmission to the shifter. There also could be a problem with the slave cylinder, causing it to be hard to shift at times. A lot of times when the slave cylinder is going bad, it causes the car to be hard to shift at times. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your cars shifting issue.