I want to reset the Airbag Light on my car

I want to reset the light on dashboard - airbag on Honda Civic 2011. What I should do?

The airbag light coming on means two things: one, the airbags are not going to deploy in the event of an accident, and two, there is a fault stored in the controller. The airbag controller performs a self check each time you turn on the key and start the car. If it sees a fault in the system, it stores a code, shuts down the system to prevent accidental deployment, and turns on the light to let you know there is a problem. You need a scanner that can communicate with the airbag system to read and clear the codes. A Generic OBD scanner like the ones they use at the auto parts stores probably won’t do the trick. When you know the code(s) you can make the repairs and clear the codes. Then the airbag light will go out. If you don’t do the repairs, you can clear the codes but the light will be back if not right away, later on. To conveniently get this done you can contact Your Mechanic and have a technician come to your home or office to read your airbag codes and tell you what needs to be done