Q: Was wondering how much a transmission would roughly cost for my 2008 mercury mariner 2.3L I-4 engine 4cylin.

asked by on August 22, 2017

Took my truck to a mechanic and he told me it was the transmission. He didn't not state exactly what was wrong with it and did not give me a worst case estimate if I needed to get a new transmission. I just was wondering if anyone can help me get a rough worst case estimate for if I have to get a new transmission

Hi Jacob. A refurbished & rebuilt transmission for these vehicles can cost roughly $1,500 in most cases, plus about $600 or more for installation. I would be wary based on the fact that the mechanic did not provide you with a reason as to why your transmission needs to be replaced. As such, I would strongly recommend having a second opinion, to determine what is causing your problems - so you can make an informed decision.