Q: Incorrect spark plug replacement caused worse gas mileage

I am searching for an original spark plug replacement number. I was told the wrong one and after installing it my fuel mileage has gotten worse. I have misplaced my manual. It is not a supercharged model. They are iridium plugs and are more expensive, but they are worth the cost when it comes to fuel savings. Where can I look or go in order to find the proper replacement number?

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1997 Oldsmobile LSS. AC Delco 41101 comes standard on these vehicles and must be used in order to maintain the ignition system properly. Also, find a maintenance schedule for the vehicle and make sure you have kept all maintenance up to date including air filters, spark plug wires, and the fuel filter. Hire a YourMechanic professional to inspect your decreasing gas mileage and replace the spark plugs or air filters if necessary.