Q: Gauges not working when starting car, eventually it goes back to normal

For the past few weeks, when I start my car, my gauges do NOT come on like they normally do, and the gauge lights don't come on. If I have my AC on, the car won't start, and the door chime and start up chime don't come on. This happens for a minute or two, then my gauge cluster lights come on, and everything starts working normally. Is this an alternator or battery problem? Electrical? What do you think might be the issue?

• It is possible for low battery voltage to cause this problem.

• It is also possible that this problem is being caused by bad instrument cluster wiring, or a problem in your main fuse box.

My suggestion would be to have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, come to your home or place of business to inspect your electrical system, and recommend the best path to repair.

3. Gauges not working when starting car, eventually it goes back to normal