Q: Q: How do I replace the fuses?

How do I replace the fuses?

Fuses play a critical role in your car, protecting various electronics from the danger of over-powering. Of course, they can and will blow from time to time. When that happens, the system the fuse protects won’t work. The first step is to check that the fuse has failed and if it has, you need to replace it. Just follow these steps:

1. Turn off the ignition and all electronics.

2. Locate the fuse (there are three fuse boxes on your car – check each to find the fuse controlling the electronics in question).

3. If you need to change a large fuse, you’ll need a Phillips head screwdriver.

4. If you need to change a small blade fuse, use the fuse puller located under the lid of the under-dash fuse box.

5. Always replace fuses with one of the same rating (or lower). There are spare fuses attached to the underside of the lid on the under-hood fuse box.

6. If replacing the fuse does not fix the problem, there’s an issue with your wiring or another electronic component.

Tips

• If replacing a blown fuse with a lower rated one, there’s a chance it will blow again. This is normal.

• Makes sure you check all fuses and replace any that have blown even if they don’t operate the system in question.

• If you replace the blown fuse with one rated the same and it blows again, it’s a sign that you need repair work.

• Pages 404 through 406 of your owner’s manual contain fuse location information.

3. Q: How do I replace the fuses?