Q: Engine cooling fan isn't working. Steam and liquid is coming out of a black pipe in front of the engine and temperature gauge spiked to H

It sounds like an animal is trapped under my car it starts to make rumbling sounds and stops for a while then starts making the sound again the engine cooling fan is not rotating or working and water or some type of liquid is leaking out of a black pipe in front of the engine and steam is coming out of that same black pipe as well. Help please??? Idk what's wrong with it I'm scared.

A: Hey there. If the engine electric cooling f...

Hey there. If the engine electric cooling fan is not turning on, the reason has to be determined. The fault could be due to a bad electric motor, a bad coolant temperature sensor, a failed relay, or even a wiring/fuse problem.

To resolve cooling system problems, one typically starts with a cooling system diagnostic. If the diagnostic establishes that the electric fan motor itself is bad, replacement of the fan motor is a straightforward procedure that is done by a mobile professional.

The leak and steam that you are seeing might be a consequence of the engine overheating because if the fan is not operating not enough air will flow though the radiator at low vehicle speeds. Once the fan is restored, the rest of the cooling system can be checked out to be sure that there are no actual leaks and that your car engine’s operating temperature is within normal limits. If you want to have this taken care of, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the overheating issue and assist with repairs.