Q: Poured coolant in engine, now it won't run.

Well i went to go turn the key and it didn't do anything. So one my buddies told me to pour antifreeze in the engine so it warms it up faster so it will start. Well i got it running and then something went flying through my hood, and i have no idea what it was. and now when i turn they key i just smell electrical and gas. HELP

A: Hello. If you poured anti-freeze into the e...

Hello. If you poured anti-freeze into the engine crank case, then it may very well be possible that a serious mechanical issue has occurred. If any water or antifreeze find their way into the engine, they can contaminate the oil and cause serious engine damage. I would carefully inspect the engine to see if you can determine if anything broke or came loose. If it came from the exterior or inside of the engine. I would also carefully check the fuel hoses and wiring in the engine bay to see if you can determine where the smells are coming from. Be careful as fuel is highly flammable, and smells may be an indicator that there is a leak somewhere. If you would like an expert to take a look, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to you to inspect your car and advise you on any possible remedies.