Q: After replacing the window regulator, and using the same motor, the window doesn't go all the way down.

Hi, I replaced a window regulator on my 2005 Lincoln LS. Since it did not come with the motor, I had to use the old motor. After installation, now When I lower the window, it does not go all the way down. It only goes down 75%. Also, if I raise it up fast enough, the safety limit switch activates. I have to raise it slowly to fully close the window. Is it an alignment issue or I have to reset the safety switch. Can

Hey there. There is a safety limit switch that is built into the motor. You may have to check the window track or inside the door for something blocking the window regulator from going all the way down. You may also have to try to push down on the window when lowering it since the motor will kick out when using the auto-down feature. You may need to replace the motor also. If you are still having problems with the vehicle, I recommend having a qualified expert inspect the windows for you in order to have this corrected.

• After replacing the window regulator, and using the same motor, the window doesn't go all the way down.