Q: I have a 2010 Hyundai Elantra and the malfunction indicator light is staying on.what do I need to do?

My malfunction indicator light is staying on all the time. What do I have to do?

Hello, The malfunction indicator light is also known as the check engine light, which basically means that something is wrong or needs to be serviced. Generally, the check engine light comes on when something fairly serious is going on with the vehicle. This can happen for many different reasons such as a faulty mass air flow sensor, a faulty O2 sensor, a bad catalytic converter, bad spark plugs or wires and many other reasons. Due to the wide range of possibilities for the check engine light to come on, the best and most efficient way to narrow down the scope of what may be causing this is to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanning tool to download any potential fault codes that may have registered in the computer. This will allow a mechanic to determine more specifically what to look for in diagnosing your vehicle. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your vehicle to determine what may be causing your check engine light to come on.

3. I have a 2010 Hyundai Elantra and the malfunction indicator light is staying on.what do I need to do?