Q: I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, and sometimes when I start it, it turns over, but not without 2-3 seconds of hesitation

asked by on March 12, 2018

I have a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited, and sometimes when I start it, it turns over, but not without 2-3 seconds of hesitation. Tune up and transmission service were just completed at the dealership and the issue is still happening.

Hi Nicole. Thanks for contacting us today. The question I would ask you is whether or not you were having the starting hesitation issue prior to having the vehicle serviced - or if it happened after. If it’s been an issue for a while, then it’s likely that there is an excessive build-up of carbon deposits either in the throttle body or the fuel injectors. Typically a tune-up will replace fuel and air filters, but rarely cleans fuel injectors or the throttle body. It might be best for you to have a mobile mechanic come to your location to inspect your vehicle so they can determine why you’re having this problem. This will permit them to recommend repairs that make sense and should resolve the problem.