Q: car shaking after botched repair

I took my car to firestone to get an oil change and a safety check before driving 5 hours. They deemed my Left lower front ball joint, my front control arm (one side) and 2 tires unsafe. I said fix it. They also rotated my tires and did an alignment and balance. They recommended i get my break pads and disk rotor but i passed. After leaving, my car immediately began to shake when i would accelerate above 45 miles an hour. it seemed to be related to accelerating. Next day brought it back, they said it was my tires, and they moved my new tires up front. I also had them fix the breaks pads and rear disc rotors. I am at a loss and I have no choice but to make this drive tomorrow can someone please let me know how dangerous it could possibly be. thank you. **i am a fourth year med student about to interview, my wallet was stolen with all of my ID, so renting and flying are not possible please help!)

A: If you are having the problem after the men...

If you are having the problem after the mentioned repairs were done, and not before, then either they made a mistake or one of the tires is at fault. They rotated your tires for you when they put on the new ones. This means they took the two back old tires and moved them to the front and put the new ones on the rear. Then this problem happened, so they moved the new tires to the front and the original back tires back again to the rear. If the problem went away then this proves one of the old tires is defective and doesn't work properly with the drive axle in the front. If the problem is still there, whether the tires were rotated or not, then the tires are out of balance or one of the new tires is bad.

Since you're concerned with the drivability of the car, I'd suggest you get some assistance from a qualified mobile mechanic who can diagnose your car's shaking symptoms firsthand and make the necessary repairs.