Q: What should I do before I start the engine and begin driving?

What should I do before I start the engine and begin driving?

All drivers should go through a series of checks before they start the engine and hit the road. These will help you avoid potential injuries and accidents, and enhance both your safety and that of others on the road.

• Check your mirrors for proper adjustment.

• Check that your lights work.

• Remove ice, snow or frost from the windshield, windows and rear glass.

• Verify your hood is closed.

• Verify your trunk is closed.

• Inspect your tires for signs of low air pressure.

• Check your seat adjustment (driver side).

• Check that all doors are closed completely.

• Wear your seat belt.

• After cranking the engine, make sure all the dash gauges are working properly.

3. What should I do before I start the engine and begin driving?