Q: My engine sensor code said my catalytic convertor went out. Do I have replace all three or only one?

My engine sensor has been on for a little while. I got it checked and it said The catalytic convertor went. I looked up my cars exhaust system and it says there's three converters inside it. I'm curious as to if I have to change all three or just one. Do they all go once one goes or ??

A: Hi there. There is only 1 catalytic convert...

Hi there. There is only 1 catalytic converter that requires the O2 sensor to work with it. The other two are a catalytic converter to help with emissions and a resonating chamber to quieten the exhaust before the muffler. The front catalytic converter will have an O2 sensor before it and an O2 sensor after it. That is the catalytic converter that you will need to replace. If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with the catalytic converter replacement.