Q: Brake pedal goes 3/4 down of the way down then catches

I own a 2008 Mitsubishi Eclipse 2.4 automatic. My brake pedal goes down about 3/4 of the way then catches, I've replaced the master cylinder and bled all the brakes, I used a snap on scan tool and bled each unit in the abs. Still the same problem. Any ideas?

The first thing i would check it to make sure the brake pedal to brake booster arm bushing is not worn out. Check the brake pedal free travel with your hand to see if it is more than a 1/2 to 1/2 inch.

Then I would have the brakes pressure bled to make sure the brakes do not have any air in them. Pressure bleeding should get any air out of the system.

If the problem continues and no air is in the system, then the master cylinder to booster push rod may be out of adjustment. The rod is for adjusting the free travel between the master cylinder and booster and should have been adjusted when the master cylinder was replaced. The normal brakes should be bled with the engine off. The ABS bleed with scanner.

A qualified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your brake pedal issue.