Q: My brakes squel even though I have recently replaced pads and rotors.

I've had my front and rear brake pads and rotors changed. After about 30 days the brakes start to squel. I've even had pads cleaned but nothing helps.

Sometimes inexpensive brake pads will squeal even when new. Something you can try is to use some anti-brake squeal spray or lube designed for the backing plates of the brake pads. These can help with the high frequency vibrations that cause the noise. The noise will usually go away once the new parts break in. If the problem persists, and you need to have this checked, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to inspect the noise and perform any needed repairs.

• My brakes squel even though I have recently replaced pads and rotors.