Q: Battery issues - 2013 Chevrolet Sonic

I have a 2013 Chevrolet Sonic LTZ I left my car at home for a week while i went on vacation when i came back the locks,lights, and radio worked but the car wouldn't start prior to this my engine light was on i took it in to Chevrolet they said my thermostat went out so they fixed it but i also told them that the battery light was coming on when i would start the car and stay on for longer than what it was supposed to then go off but they told me it was just the thermostat now my battery went dead i gave it a jump and the battery light is doing that same thing again i haven't had the car for a year and i got it at 30 thousand something miles certified. should i be having problems with my battery this soon or the car all together? What could be wrong?

The battery may not be able to hold a charge because if the battery is dead. In order to check the charging system you will first have to have the battery charged and tested to see if battery needs replaced first. Once you know the battery is new or tests good, then an alternator can be properly tested for the charging battery light coming on. Once the battery is good and the alternator is tested to see if it charges the battery at idle and at 1500 rpms to specifications. Replace the alternator if it is not charging to specifications.