Q: Trunk light stays on and car will not go in reverse. 2008 Lincoln Town Car

The car will not go in reverse as tho the car is still in park . If you try to push it it feels as if it is locked/parked. The trunk lights stays on and the trunk is close. I really don't believe its the trans.

Hello - regarding the transmission "sticking in Park", worn or sticking shifter linkage could be preventing the transmission from shifting into Reverse. A simple way to test this is to move the gearshift lever from Park to Neutral, then from Neutral to Reverse. If this successfully engages Reverse, then the shifter linkage needs repair or adjustment. If this does not successfully engage Reverse, it’s likely there is an internal transmission issue. I would recommend a transmission inspection by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. The trunk light has a micro-switch that needs to either be adjusted or replaced.

3. Trunk light stays on and car will not go in reverse. 2008 Lincoln Town Car