Q: Steering wheel vibrates when braking

My cars steering wheel vibrates very hard when slowing down. It almost feels as if the wheels are going to fall off. I have had new tires, alignment, brakes rotors, sway bar and quite a few things looked at calipers, tie rods, hub barring, control arm bushing. ive had this problem for about 5 years and have had several people look at it so it's not very visible whatever it is!!!

Hello there. Many different issues could cause your vehicle to vibrate when braking. You have done well in replacing the most common causes for a vibration such as this. Other common culprits are the wheel bearings, the wheel itself, the control arms, the CV axles, the steering rack, or the brake rotors, which could have become warped again. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose your vibrating problem and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

3. Steering wheel vibrates when braking